Pitmasters tonight

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

codymcgee

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Dec 1, 2009
Shepherdsville, Ky
for those of you who like the show(I know many don't)just a reminder that a new one is on tonight

from tlc

"The competition heats up in the northeast, even as temperatures fall at the Diamond State BBQ Championship in Dover, DE. Harry's former teammate, Gary, competes on his own and Tuffy does Myron a favor, which could end up hurting his own chances."

I was starting to dislike the show until last weeks episode which focused more on the competition then all the drama and stuff. plus Myron showed some redeeming quality's for once lol

Really, the one from Dover???
Nice.
I was supposed to go to that one last year and hang out with Alex as he competed but neither of us ended up making it, definitely going next year though.

The show is way better than NO show at all . I enjoy it and watch the cooking techniques as close as I can . From scraping the inside of the chicken skin to injecting briskets .

Got the dvr set
wink.gif

I would like it alot better if they would just stitch up Myron mouth.

Have you guys noticed that Myron has toned down a few notches? He hasn't seemed as arrogant as he was in the first couple of shows. Maybe I'm just getting used to him. God forbid!!

HA! True...but he WAS better last week than usual.

"The show is way better than NO show at all . I enjoy it and watch the cooking techniques as close as I can . From scraping the inside of the chicken skin to injecting briskets ."

I also agree with THAT statement by TripleBQ! Damn...it's great to watch Que View on TV, even if there is a lot of drama taht goes with it.

I think it is that the producers aren't showing as much of the staged crap. If you notice when they show Myron in a group at the comps or interacting with folks at the comp, he seems like a pretty decent guy. It's only when they show him singly or face to face with the camera and the pretty colored backdrop that he's talking smack and getting bleeped.

I'm sure all that smack talk is staged and I wonder if Mryon realizes how much of an a$$ people think he is because of it.

Dave

I am not going to profess to being a fan in the begining but I have been enjoying the show more each week. Finally saw all of last weeks,, well what wasn't interuted by the wife talking, and in my opinion the show is either getting better or growing on me.

Producers of many of these reality shows like to stage the drama or create a villain. No doubt they staged Myron as the villian. Seems people like to hate somebody. Go figure

Maybe its cause ive only seen last weeks and this weeks, or maybe because of my personality, but I like Myron. Then again many people have referred to me as part of the male anatomy.

I watched again last night. The thing I came away with was the competitions are a bit of a crap shoot. It seemed to me that the locals kicked butt and took names. There may be some truth in the statement that the local competitors knew better what the judges would be looking for.

It would be nice if the production folks would allow us a peak at the score sheets. I'd like to them compare the scores between the featured cookers and (if different) the top three finishers in each category. That way we would know how much was presentation, flavor, done-ness, etc. I think most would be surprised how close everyone's score sheets really are.

Do you think Lee Ann(?) and her boyfriend broke up over cooking together?

He's a nice enough guy. He's all business when it comes to BBQ, but he ain't the jerk he/they made him out to be on those first few episodes (he was just hamming it up for the camera and loves the spotlight for sure).

Not so sure what happened with the Wood Chicks BBQ gal and her man...but she can be like nails on a chalkboard when she gets flustered. I can't blame the boyfriend for walking!
tongue.gif

It is interesting how the local teams did a little better than the featured teams, but it makes sense.

The judges are mostly local...so if I lived in that area and was competing, I would try and create a rub and/or sauce, that is either a) copy cat of whatever is the most popular Que joint around those parts, or b) unique flavors and ingredients to that region that will seem 'familiar' to the judges.
For example, if I was cooking a comp in New Mexico - as compared to say, S. Carolina - I might use some more heat and Latino influence, because a lot of food in that area has those types of flavors.

All in all - I agree that Que comps might be a bit of a crapshoot...but I think all the featured teams on that show have the right attitude. (yes, including Myron) They all know that on any given day, with any given set of judges, any one can come out on top!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky