PitBoss Pro Series 2 Combo

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

RipC1ty$moker

Original poster
Jun 7, 2021
Alright, after much research and many opinions and thoughts, I purchased the pitboss pro series 2 combo pellet/gas grill from lowes.

I have broken it in with a tri tip cooked last night, turned out great and the meat probe was pretty close to the wireless meater+ problem that I have as well. The grill maintained perfect temp around 250, and the inner chamber ambient was 15-20 degrees lower based on my oven thermometer I placed in it. What I liked most is that when I was about ready to the tri tip off, I opened up the heat deflector to go with some direct heat to do a quick flame broiler of the bottom, worked great and gave it a nice crisp outside. Perfectly taken off at high end medium rare,, to cook to medium.. my wife's pregnant so she can't really have medium rare meat which sucks for both of us. But s very good.

Today I am long smoking a brisket, using the recipe feature and so far its moved thru the first 2 steps no problem while maintaining temps within 5 degrees. First 3 hours at 180, then the next 2 hours at 210, then 7 hours at 230. It's just now about an hour into step 3.

Also using the meat probe control feature as well. Internal temp set to 195 and the grill should go into cool down.

The next thing is breaking in the propane side, doing that for dinner tonight since the brisket won't be ready. And I'll also be using it as a cold smoker after dinner is done to cold smoke Swiss, sharp white cheddar, sharp cheddar, and pepper jack cheeses!

Pictures to follow of the brisket.

Alright here it is!

Look at the color of that smoke ring??

This was a 12 hour cook. First 4 at 180, then 2 at 200 then once the inner temp got 140 I increased to 230 and finish it off at 250 the hot internal temp of 195.

Last 5 hours I spritzed it with some coca cola. Seasoning is called puppy's, the blue label one. It's my go to.
16241756782167039547392957207238.jpg
16241757221723085392726351021171.jpg

Looks good. Word of advice on the heat defector though. It will get caked up with carbon/creosote. You may need to do your high heat searing on the propane side if you can't keep the sliding heat deflector clean. Looking forward to hearing about your cold smoking adventures.

Looks good. Word of advice on the heat defector though. It will get caked up with carbon/creosote. You may need to do your high heat searing on the propane side if you can't keep the sliding heat deflector clean. Looking forward to hearing about your cold smoking adventures.
Will keep that in my, it's pretty dirty after this brisket. I'm trying to think of ways to keep it cleaner.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky