Pistachio

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoke freak

StickBurners
Original poster
Jul 14, 2007
Kansas
We dont talk about Debbi much since she has been banned. Some think she is part of the "Axis of Evil". But I still call her MOM. Got this tip from her years ago and it took me this long to try it.

Pistachio nut shells.

Soaked them, wrapped them in foil, and placed them on top of a few lit coals in my chargriller. The smoke smelled kinda strong so I took the cheese out after about 30 minutes. Awsome! (I hate thet word)

neat..was watching the smoke comp at the rosebowl last night on the food net work. several lady BBQ pros used ground up pecan shells in foil for a small smoke..

Haven't had pistachios in a while , great excuse for getting another bag of 'em
biggrin.gif

How interesteing!
I just yesterday made some fried chix with ground pistachios and tossed all the shells...drat! no worries the baby girl loves em, I will now not toss the shells!
Thanks for the new info...I can't wait to try it..perhaps with a fattie....

Hey its a great excuse to buy more nuts. And then when ya got all these shells around, a great excuse to smoke again. Win win!

any nut shell will werk.......pecan shells ROCK......and to me, Dee Jay Debi is NOT part of the axis of evil........miss her bunches

why did she get banned and what was the duration?

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky