Pineapple jerk chicken and grilled cabbage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Never thought of grilling cabbage, plate looks fantastic. Great job! Gonna try that.

On a side note - the wife and I went to Jamaica 12 years ago or so. We got some jerk chicken at a little cook shack outside of our inn. The jerk chicken was amazing so we went back the next day and the jerk chicken was completely different so we started eating jerk chicken at every stop and never found any as good as that first place, even at the first place, lol.

Wow Joe, that looks fantastic!
Al

Thanks Al!

Wow Joe. Another beautiful and enticing meal. Great creativity and like so many others, I'm intrigued with the grilled cabbage. You got me grilling Romaine lettuce so why not cabbage? Congrats once again on a much deserved ride on the carousel my friend!!

Robert

Thanks Robert. Your EVOO went really well with it. Just that and salt and pepper. It made a good side once we cut the cabbage up smaller.

Sorry I got you grilling romaine lettuce, lol. I make it a lot when the weather warms, now we may have to grill it to kill any coronavirus laying on it.

Never thought of grilling cabbage, plate looks fantastic. Great job! Gonna try that.

On a side note - the wife and I went to Jamaica 12 years ago or so. We got some jerk chicken at a little cook shack outside of our inn. The jerk chicken was amazing so we went back the next day and the jerk chicken was completely different so we started eating jerk chicken at every stop and never found any as good as that first place, even at the first place, lol.

Thanks Monkey, hope you like it.

I asked my wife if she ate jerk chicken. She said the resort she was at had tons of food options and she felt overwhelmed. I know she tried the oxtail and didn’t like it. If she takes me next time, I’m for sure eating it.

Now congrats on the ride!! You did two of my favorite things there. Jerk is one of my all time favorites and we also love grilled cabbage. Hell we love cabbage darn near anyway it could be cooked.

Nice cook Joe, looks top notch!

Thanks Justin I appreciate it!

Now congrats on the ride!! You did two of my favorite things there. Jerk is one of my all time favorites and we also love grilled cabbage. Hell we love cabbage darn near anyway it could be cooked.

Thanks Jeff! Both were really good and an unusual combination, but considering the circumstances they made do.

I like cabbage darn near any way too!

Joe, I just tried your grilled cabbage. It was pretty good. The char gave it a nice taste. I seasoned mine with Trader Joe's South African smoke seasoning blend.

Thanks for the idea, I'll be making more of this.

Joe, I just tried your grilled cabbage. It was pretty good. The char gave it a nice taste. I seasoned mine with Trader Joe's South African smoke seasoning blend.

Thanks for the idea, I'll be making more of this.

That's good you liked it, Steve. The grilled cabbage is a pretty inexpensive and a no fuss side. That South African seasoning blend sounds good, just checked it out online.

Reactions: BuckeyeSteve
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky