Pilin' On Now

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

swestsmkr

Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
Ha Ha....Since my family has learned I am smoking a whole turkey they want to bring over a 6# breast to smoke at the same time. My questions is this.......the turkey is only 9#s......if I start them at the same time what are the chances they will finish "close" to the same time (cookin at 300)? Curious if the breast will cook faster then the whole or not. Thanks all.

Interesting experiment. If one bird is whole and one is just a breast and both ate the same size, I would expect them to finish at about the same time. The breast thickness and thighs will tell the time. Let us know!

White meat does cook faster than dark meat. That's why they say breast DOWN. As to time, maybe hold off an 45 mintues to an hour on the 6 lber.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky