Pig Nutz

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

porky

Original poster
Mar 30, 2007
Baldwin, NY
I just made these this past Monday for the first time and they were a hit. I cannot take credit for the recipe, I got it from another BBQ forum but here it is.

1)whole water chestnuts drained of liquid and dredged with brown sugar

2)wrap 1/2 slice of bacon around the water chestnut and skewer with toothpick

3)put in cooker 250-300 until done

**you could also sprinkle with alittle of your favorite rub

These make great appetized and are easy to make.

Les

These sound great Les, I especially like the name
icon_razz.gif

I love those things, I've always soaked them in Soy sauce and brown sugar before cooking though. Either way sound good to me!

"Done" is when the bacon is the way you like it.

Debi- sorry if I scared you. The other name is "Pig Candy Kisses", but Pig Nutz is more BBQ lingo, if you know what I mean.

Les

Please bear in mind that "BBQ lingo" or not, this is a family forum.

Thanks-

Thanks Porky. Now I can use up the can of water chestnuts I bought in 98 when I thought I was buying artichoke hearts that's been hiding behind the expired Argo cornstarch on the top shelf of the pantry.

A version of these were popular appetizers in the 60's and 70's. If you were to add a piece of chicken liver, you would have what's called "Rumaki" which are WONDERFUL. Water Chestnut slice and piece of liver wrapped in bacon and marinated in soy sauce then baked..Yummo (To quote Rachael Ray)

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky