• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pictures of inside a offet

kdfiter

Smoke Blower
Joined Dec 21, 2016
So I've built a few reverse flows already ..but I'm thinking of building just a normal offset ..I was wondering if anyone has pictures of the bottom of the tank for catching grease ..is everyone just putting a drain in or are you installing some sort of trough to catch the grease ..on big cooks I'm worried about grease fire

zippy12

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Oct 6, 2017
Seriosly you keep the fire in the fire pit and the grease in the pit! Unless your running 1K F temps fire is minimal...

I use a bean can to scoop it out when cool...

GonnaSmoke

Master of the Pit
Joined Sep 19, 2018
My offset simply has a drain with a valve at the opposite end from the fire box. There is no trough, gutter, or any other mechanical device to direct the grease flow to it. What drains out, does so into a bucket below the drain. What doesn't, I scoop out and then wipe out with paper towels after it's cooled.

macdoesit

Joined Jun 14, 2021
Bottom of my offset smoker is 20" below the bottom shelf, with a drain below smoke stack which drains into a 5 gallon bucket. Below the doors is a trough that catches condensation from inside of doors and drains to the rear. I don't use any water, etc inside the smoker, a lot of condensation builds up, so don't need water.
DSCN0670.JPG

Last edited:

SmokinAl

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Jun 22, 2009
Bottom of my offset smoker is 20" below the bottom shelf, with a drain below smoke stack which drains into a 5 gallon bucket. Below the doors is a trough that catches condensation from inside of doors and drains to the rear. I don't use any water, etc inside the smoker, a lot of condensation builds up, so don't need water.
View attachment 500047
Great looking smoker, but I think you need a weed wacker. The smoker looks like a part of the landscape. I would love to have it in my backyard though!
Al

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.