Pics of 1st Fatty attempt...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

trece

Fire Starter
Original poster
Jul 16, 2007
Denver
Stuffed Fatty w/Onion, Pepper, nature's seasonings, tomatoes, pepperjack and sharp colby (Saute'ed the veggies 1st) Rolled in Jeff's rub with bacon slices

Unstuffed Fatty rolled w/Jeff's rub with bacon slices (Gonna make biscuits and gravy on sunday w/this one using Cowboy's recipe, I saved the drippings)
Finished product
After about 20 minutes of "resting", the word tasty just doesn't do it justice!

Thanks for all your help everyone!
Trece

Mighty fine fatties there Trece!

Nice job!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Tomorrow night I'm smokin a Salmon Steak w/Maple Glaze, Sunday its 2 turkey breasts (injected w/pepper and mesquite smoked). I want to make my own lunch meat. I can't keep my 16 yr old in deli meat, its breaking me so I bought a slicer. Now if I can just not cut my fingers off..................

Saturday, I'm floatin......................

Trece
PS: Funny story: Last night when I was rolling up the stuffed fatty my husband said, how cool, how did you learn to do that, I said ....My people taught me :) I pay attention

Great looking fatty Trece! Gotta love those babies!

Hey what kind of lunch meat does the boy eat? I have a really easy recipe for cappricolla ham and smoked turkey breast. That's all my boy ever ate. If he only likes plain ham skip the coating.

http://www.deejayssmokepit.net/Sausa...ricollaHam.pdf

Gee looks like I never got around to posting my smoked turkey breast recipe but I will yo you want it or anyome else. It's really good and easy to do. The hams make from pork butt and the turkey I buy on sale. They freeze well too!
f712f413_vbattach13871.jpg

84788f08_vbattach13872.jpg

Debi,

Where can you get amesphos? I have never seen it before and I have done lots of sausage. You also recommend Prague per/lb. What ratio do you use?

Your Ham looks amazing, unfortunately I have managed to raise the pickiest kids on Gods Green Earth! I must have taken bad vitamins!
My Marine believe's if Pizza's not in it then whats the point, my 16 yr old lives on deli turkey (won't eat ham) and my 22 year old daughter pretty much hates meat.............(But when she tasted my ribs she managed to make 5 disappear but she won't admit to it)

Any suggestions on smoking turkey breasts however would be much appreciated, I will probably be researching that Sat night after we get home from the lake for Sunday's smoke.

Thx,
Trece

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky