• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pics from Da Pigman

meowey

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jul 16, 2006
Drooling at 5:10 AM!!!

Take care, have fun, and do good!

Regards,

Meowey

tonto1117

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Jan 25, 2007
Very cool pics Pigman,looks delicious!!!!!! Now that's a whole lotta pig.

msmith

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 22, 2006
Looking very good pigman. How long does it normally take you to cook one of them. Do you skin them or leave it on. The next one that I smoke I'm gonna have it skined and see how it turns out, should cut down on the cooking time to. Here is a pic of the one I did.
ebdbbedf_vbattach12120.jpg

e669caad_vbattach12121.jpg

da pigman

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 23, 2007
I do them with the skin off and they rotate in the cooker which keeps the juices flowing inside of the pig. 200lb. 10hrs. The gear reduction box is a 900 to 1. Skinned is the only way they sold whole hogs years ago because they were afraid of desease. This also elimanates the mess skining after. I have higher heat under the shoulder because it takes longer to cook.

pigcicles

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 25, 2006
Pigman, that's great looking food. Thanks for sharing the pics with us. Looking forward to more good stuff from you!

Keep Smokin

bigal

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 21, 2006
Nice pics, Pigman & Msmith. My Dad & I have done one before. ALOT OF WORK!!! The one we did was about 80-100#'s(can't remember). We had leftover pig forever it seamed. Had a great time doing it.

Nice pics

Thanks

gofish

Smoking Fanatic
OTBS Member
Joined Nov 4, 2006
Pigman

That is an awsome cooker .............. sure your gonna let that go?

Thanks for sharing the pic's ......... bet the family wants a reunion every month now!!!!!

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.