Picnic and pops brine

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

lemans

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 29, 2013
Jackson New Jersey
So I bought a 8 lb picnic for 1.50$ a lb. has been in pops brine for 21 days on Sat. Sunday it hits the smoker. My only problem is I can't decide what to smoke it on, by WSM or my new toy .. my Weber ranch... I know I know one 8lb but on a ranch? I will find something else to throw on..

I'm watching, can't wait to hear and see 

how it turns out.

A coin flip could help you decide which to use,

but a new toy is a new toy.

Ed

I know a lot of grill for a 8lb .. but I wanted to try out the new toy.. but before I served the ham I made a batch of Jeff chicken leg lollipops
They were awesome as an appetizer

The ham was great . Inducted with peach nectar
And sauced with peach purée , mustard and corn starch. Smoked with applewood at 250 till the IT WAS 165.. next time I will take it to 150. But still delish. The wranch is as good as the WSM!!

Tasty looking ham! That Ranch is huge I have a store near me selling one off for $999 but I don't have the room.

We always knew which one you were going to use.

Ham n legs, hmmmm, sounds familiar.

$100.00, wow, man you should consider that an early Christmas present.

Congratulations on that shiny new smoker, may it bring you 

many years of tasty and happy smokes.

Ed

Hey Thanks,
I have been smoking alot but don't post them all,maybe I should . I will be more diligent..
Let me tell you Jeffs lollipops were a huge hit...
And the ham was really a labor of love..could not have
Done any of it without this forum and it's great members...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky