Picked up a GOSM wide body today!!!

Discussion in 'Propane Smokers' started by nomorecoop, Jun 2, 2009.

1. nomorecoop

nomorecoop Meat Mopper SMF Premier Member

Was walking through a Wal-mart that I'd never been in (in a different town). Always walk by the grills, to see if they have any good smokers.

This one had a display model GOSM wide body for 138.00. I asked since it's been on display for awhile, if they could do anything about the price.

They looked at the cobwebs on it & knocked it down to 100.00.

Got it cleaned up & seasoning now!!!!

I love my 16" & I know the 20" will be just as great! May need to do some mods. Temps ran REAL high during seasoning & not much smoke at all was coming out (compared to the 16").

2. bmudd14474

bmudd14474 Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

congrats on the addition

3. txbbqman

txbbqman Smoking Fanatic SMF Premier Member

Congrats on a nice score

4. werdwolf

werdwolf Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Nice new toy and score. congratulations.

5. smokingscooby

smokingscooby Smoking Fanatic

Congrats on the new member of the family. With the larger gosm, you shouldn't have to cut racks of ribs to fit.

Enjoy!!

6. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Congrats great deal!!!

7. bassman

bassman Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Congrats on the new smoker. You got a good deal on that one.

8. old poi dog

old poi dog Master of the Pit OTBS Member

I agree....good deal and no more cutting ribs to fit.....more impressive presentations!

9. ski1559

ski1559 Newbie

Did you get it in Columbus? I got my gosm at wal-mart and it was the same deal. They had two left and after showing them the dent in the front door, I got them down to $80. Now I just have to learn how to use it.

ski

10. grothe

grothe Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Congrats....That's a great deal!!!

11. jjrokkett

jjrokkett Meat Mopper

Man - Nice deal! I always ahere to the "Buy high, sell low" method myself....[​IMG]