Philly Phatty with Q-View

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Congrats on the good lookin' smoke, and thanks for the Q View... I haven't eaten today and that just about drove me over the berm.

Great looking fatty, what all is inside? Is it like a philly cheesesteak?

(wheres the cheese wizzz?)
PDT_Armataz_01_26.gif

A Fatty is basically a Jelly Roll Made with meat. I tend to take about 2 pounds of meat, such as, pork sausage, ground beef, you choose. Just as long as it will hold together and not dry out. You roll the ground meat out flat on a piece of foil, and put on your ingreedients. Then very carefully you roll it up. Smoke it until it gets up to temp., and TA-DA a Fatty. My Q-view isn't very descriptive on these steps, but if you surf this site you will find some posts that are very descriptive and have pictures to back it up. Here is a post that will describe it better, with pictures to back it up.

http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...ighlight=fatty

Yes it is exactly like a philly cheesesteak! Onions, Green Peppers, Mushrooms, Provalone Cheese, and a little Swiss for flavor.

Hmmm, Cheese Wizzz, never thought of that. I think next time I may try it. Along with cooking the onions, mushrooms, and peppers before hand. Perhaps it will have more flavor that way.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky