Philly cheesesteak fattie w/Q-view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

que-ball

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Feb 11, 2009
Ingredients list:
JD sage sausage
Provolone cheese
Venison prime rib
Onion, sauteed
Mushroom, sauteed
Bacon wrap

First, the JD sage sausage, rolled out.

Provolone cheese, then venison roast. The roast had been injected and rubbed with Curly's prime rib kit and cooked in my smoker but without smoke. Thanks for recommending theprime rib kit to me, MossyMo!

Sauteed onions and mushrooms from a can. Next time I will try fresh.

Wrapped in bacon to rest in the fridge. Might as well do two at once!

Smoked with cherry wood and pulled at 173*. Oops! My cheese mostly ran out.

Sliced to eat. Not shown is sliced provolone I melted over the slices to make up for what leaked out of the middle.

Tasted good enough to eat! Thanks for viewing my Q-view!

Nice work Tim! Shame about the bit of a blowout you had, at least they still tasted great. Where did ya get your hands on the venison prime rib? I'm jealous.

Great looking fatties! I'll be doing some similar this weekend (without the venison).
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Phiily Cheese Steak.... one of my favorite sandwiches..and now..yet another fattie to try.

Thanks for sharing

damn.... that fattie looks great, love the venison prime rib twist.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Now that is what I call a Fattie. The Prime Rib looked great by its self and when you add the other goodies all I can say is "WOW".

FIU--The venison prime rib was my hindquarter roasts injected with the prime rib pump(brine) and coated with the prime rib rub in the kit from curleyssausagekitchen.com, then cooked in my smoker to 170* but without smoke. The directions that come with the kit spell it out pretty well. I wish I could say it was my own idea, but it was strongly recommended to me by MossyMo. 170* made it well done, for rare you could take it off at 145*.

My only regret is that I ordered only one prime rib kit from Curley's. The 13# of venison roast is gone already. Now I have to reorder big enough to offset the shipping charges and shhot some more deer when bowhunting opens!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky