PA SMF *** Spring Gathering Cancelled

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I forgot to inquire if the property is Wheelchair accessible? I can't picture myself riding a Conveyor up to a Hay Loft...Again.
The first time I was young, drunk and acting the fool in front of a Girl...JJ

Chef Jimmy, the barn hill isn't very steep, and is generally firm unless it rains. I have plenty of boards around to make a ramp if it does decide to rain. Depending on how much hay is in there you may be able to drive right in and unload.

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Thanks for the reply IH I know most Pa barns have a drive up ramp but haven't seen yours so didn't know. So if you over fill on food you can just roll down to your car. :emoji_laughing:

Warren

Reactions: chef jimmyj
Lol. Thanks for the reply guys...JJ

I will be there with the RV. Not sure what I will be bringing. Planning on snack type stuff .

As of right now... I'll have my 22" Weber Smokey Mountain, 22" Weber Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe, a gas fryer to make french fries, and a chicken pit to make food on. This may expand in the months or days leading up to the Spring Gathering. If guests would like to bring their own equipment to cook or prep items on, that will be fine with me. I'll be hitting up Lowe's to provide charcoal.

Looks like the wife and I are back on track to make the spring event, barring any unforeseen circumstances. I will be ready to eat, and like Warren said, you're not supposed to furnish everything!

Reactions: HalfSmoked
Looks like the wife and I are back on track to make the spring event, barring any unforeseen circumstances. I will be ready to eat, and like Warren said, you're not supposed to furnish everything!

Great news Denny

Interested. Won’t know for sure until March or so.

Thoughts: friendly rib competition. Easy to cook, relatively cheap to do. Everyone likes ribs.

Still a bit up in the air for me. My Daughter Amanda was Braggin on the Food and the Friendly Folks, at Adams, to her older sister last night. Now Casey is interested, she lives in Mechanicsburg, and wants to talk to here Hubby.
My MES looks Dead but, collectively, we would be able to bring some Sides and Sweets...JJ

Still a bit up in the air for me. My Daughter Amanda was Braggin on the Food and the Friendly Folks, at Adams, to her older sister last night. Now Casey is interested, she lives in Mechanicsburg, and wants to talk to here Hubby.
My MES looks Dead but, collectively, we would be able to bring some Sides and Sweets...JJ

JJ there will be plenty of smokers to use if you want to smoke something.

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky