Pellets

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I bought one already on amazon which seems to do the same as every other one. My only concern is, will it give me the same flavor as my electric smoker since is slowly smoldering compared to pellets that are burned in the flame almost the same as a stick burner.

I'm going to do some testing once i do some cold smoke salmon.
The tube should give you good consistent smoke.

The issue with a pellet smoker and smoke generation is the fact that as you increase the temp the less smoke is produced. Understand that more heat/fire = less smoke.

The tube does not suffer from needing to burn hotter and produce more heat it simply just burns at it's own designed rate so no matter if the pellet smoker is 200F or 325F the pellet tube will produce the same smoke where the pellet smoker will produce way different amounts of smoke while burning the pellets for heat/fuel.

The desire no mater what is Thin Blue Smoke (TBS) and once you fiddle with the tube a bit and have it figured out, you should have no problem producing good consistent smoke for great flavor. Many say to fill it halfway vs full because it can produce a lot more smoke than the AMNPS pellet trays do.

I think you are on the right track and all your testing should confirm how things can/should go for your setup :)

The tube should give you good consistent smoke.

The issue with a pellet smoker and smoke generation is the fact that as you increase the temp the less smoke is produced. Understand that more heat/fire = less smoke.

The tube does not suffer from needing to burn hotter and produce more heat it simply just burns at it's own designed rate so no matter if the pellet smoker is 200F or 325F the pellet tube will produce the same smoke where the pellet smoker will produce way different amounts of smoke while burning the pellets for heat/fuel.

The desire no mater what is Thin Blue Smoke (TBS) and once you fiddle with the tube a bit and have it figured out, you should have no problem producing good consistent smoke for great flavor. Many say to fill it halfway vs full because it can produce a lot more smoke than the AMNPS pellet trays do.

I think you are on the right track and all your testing should confirm how things can/should go for your setup :)
Thanks Tallbm. Will definitely do some testing to get this smoker to where is producing good quality food. Noticed this past weekend with the ribs that the bark was slightly dry even though i was spraying every 30 minutes.

So lots of testing with everything right now in hopes to get it dialed in.

Again thank you for the help.

Reactions: tallbm
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky