Pelletheads

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

greg1

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Apr 18, 2014
Anyone know what's up with the pelletheads website. Was up and working earlier in the week but now I get an error message when I try to view it. If this doesn't belong in the section feel free to move or delete.

The site was acquired by a new owner a month ago, after the previous owner and founder passed away earlier this year. The new owner pledged to keep the site content as originally intended, and do some technical enhancements which were sorely needed. During the past few weeks, the site became unstable with frequent 505 errors - possibly as a result of the new owner re-arranging some forums and doing other tweaks. Then, about 5 days ago the site went down and displaying the error you see now. Ominously, the last post I read minutes before the site went down was a member saying something like 'this is the end'.

So I can only speculate what's going on. Could just be a technical issue that is over the head of the new owner. Maybe he's doing a major upgrade. Or maybe he realized it's more work than expected and it's offline for good. There are some newly appointed PH forum moderators that are also members of this forum - so maybe they'll chime in soon with more details.  

Has anyone tried to register at pelletfan.com?  I keep trying but even though I type the verification image properly, it says it's wrong.  I have tried upercase, lowercase and everywhere between.

Pelletheads is finally back up and working, good to see it return that place is a wealth of information.

Anybody know a direct email for pelletheads.com moderator? A week and still no admin approval and no way on site to contact anybody

Pellet heads is back up and running, but it's definitely very slow. Only a handful of people contributing to the forum.

There's a couple moderators that are on all the time, one is "low slow joe" or something like that. I suggest sending him a PM.

The biggest draw to PH for me is the vast amount of info, recipes, that are archived.
Before the past owner passed, PH had a lot more members than pelletfans has now. I suspect a bunch don't know about PF. And when PH went down for several months, they found a different avenue for smoking/grilling.

True, Pelletheads is good for the prior history but going forward I don't think you'll see much activity. There is an extensive thread about it on Pelletfan. It seems that most have moved on.

Thanks guys. I can’t pm that guy as i’m Not an approved member yet. I have submitted to the fan site and waiting for approval again.

True, Pelletheads is good for the prior history but going forward I don't think you'll see much activity. There is an extensive thread about it on Pelletfan. It seems that most have moved on.

I agree. The several months it was down hurt PH to the point where I don't believe it will be profitable. The damage is done. The owner never posts, and the only info from him comes from the mod.

PF has grown, and continues to do so. I definitely spend more time on PF.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky