Pellet smoker shut down with just an hour left on my brisket…

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Beard’s Booze & BBQ

Original poster
Jul 23, 2021
My pellet smoker shut down with just an hour to go on my brisket to get it to 198F. It was at 189 and dropped to around 185. Is it ok to finish it at a higher temp then the 250F I was cooking at?

My pellet smoker shut down with just an hour to go on my brisket to get it to 198F. It was at 189 and dropped to around 185. Is it ok to finish it at a higher temp then the 250F I was cooking at?
Welp… I got the smoker up and running again. Cranked it up to 350F to reach 198IT. The very end of the flat was a little dry but the rest of the brisket turned out perfect! Got rave reviews from my brother’s guests at his party. The only thing I wish I would’ve done is seasoned the brisket well in advance to let the salts absorb a little more. Thanks for the help y’all! Beard’s Booze & BBQ on Facebook if y’all want to see my meat!😉

Welp… I got the smoker up and running again. Cranked it up to 350F to reach 198IT. The very end of the flat was a little dry but the rest of the brisket turned out perfect! Got rave reviews from my brother’s guests at his party. The only thing I wish I would’ve done is seasoned the brisket well in advance to let the salts absorb a little more. Thanks for the help y’all! Beard’s Booze & BBQ on Facebook if y’all want to see my meat!😉
You'll find a good portion of us don't have facebook

OP, at 198° your flat was most likely still not done. Most briskets like to be a bit over 200° to probe tender.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky