• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

Pellet Grill Pizza

texomakid

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 6, 2017
Hey SMF! Got a pizza thing going on today.
We've done several of these but this one hit on several new levels.
Started with a nice tomato meat sauce my wife made a couple of days back for spaghetti night. She saved enough for a pizza :emoji_wink:
Tomato sauce, ground beef, onions, mushrooms and some spices - it made a really nice meat sauce as well as a great base for the pizza.
She then added a nice thick layer of fresh mozzarella, fresh spinach, pepperoni, ham, and some packaged Italian grated 4 cheese sprinkled about with a few more leaves of fresh spinach and some fresh jalapeños pre-soaked in vinegar. All this with some of Italian spices on top & black pepper.

We enjoyed a nice sip of TX blended whiskey while making our pizza - it has a very mild bite and a nice hint of vanilla 🥃
tempImageG2vXOc.png

Then off the the Yoder. I had it set on 425° and it was holding nicely @ 431 when I slid the pizza onto the stone from the pizza peel

Yeah my Yoder 640 has been a science project as well as being heavily used over the last 4 years. It's still running like a champ!!!
tempImageFDknPf.png

I had recently purchased a bag of PitBoss fruit blend pellets so I filled the hopper with them for this cook. The aroma of those pellets was really beautiful. When you run the Yoder at the higher temps it eats the pellets and therefore it produces a very nice thin smoke. It makes for an amazing pizza experience as far as aroma and taste.

PSA - taking pictures with the door open lets a lot of heat go bye-bye ....... My 431° dropped to 401° while I was trying to take picks.
Blame it on the whiskey! Temps did work back up to the 420° range by the time I removed the pizza after 17 minutes in the Yoder.
tempImage60rreG.png

Money Shot!
tempImagezJMrlO.png

Wifey and I have really learned a lot over the years as far as making these pizzas and this was one of our best. Loaded with fresh mozzarella and it actually balanced out well with all the other ingredients.

I still need to try this in the WSM and I hope to when it warms up but these pellet grill pizzas are really fun to make and taste great. If you own a pellet grill and haven't tried this I highly recommend giving it a shot. I think you'll enjoy the experience.

Thanks for looking and fire up those outdoor cookers! Winter is just a state of mind ........ It also helps to live where snow is rare :)

TNJAKE

Legendary Pitmaster
SMF Premier Member
Joined Nov 26, 2019
Man that pizza looks absolutely amazing. Heck of a nice job bud

chopsaw

Epic Pitmaster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Dec 14, 2013
I agree . Looks great .

SmokinGame

Smoking Fanatic
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 11, 2018
Now I am hungry! Fantastic looking pizza. Been thinking about what to make this weekend and I think I may have found it.

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 3, 2015
Looks perfect, pizza is one of my favorite food groups! It has been a really long time since Ive made my own and even longer since I've grilled it. I'm with SmokinGame SmokinGame , this weekend may be the time to change that!

SmokinVOLfan

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Feb 27, 2018
Man that pizza looks good. Nice work! I have been debating all day on whether I want to make some grill pizza tonight. This might have solidified it.

Brokenhandle

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Nov 9, 2019
You nailed that pizza! Just can't beat homemade! I'll take a piece and a side of that whisky!

Ryan

BrianGSDTexoma

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Aug 1, 2018
That is right up my alley Randy! I close enough to come by for a slice:emoji_wink:

DRKsmoking

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Jan 27, 2021
Fantastic, I love a loaded pizza. Plus the Whiskey would help me get loaded also

But really nice looking pizza. What did you use for the crust, Just wondering, looks like it came off the peal and on to the stone real nice

David

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
That Looks Freaking Awesome, Randy!!
Make Great Bear-Bait !!
Like.

Bear

sandyut

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Joined Feb 18, 2015
looks fantastic! I just love pizza

JLeonard

Master of the Pit
SMF Premier Member
Joined Apr 17, 2020
Dude i'll take a large with a couple of shots. Great looking pie!
Jim

xray

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
Joined Mar 11, 2015
That is one great looking pizza!! Very nice! I always tell myself that I’m tired of pizza but then when I look at pictures like this, I suddenly crave it again.

texomakid

Master of the Pit
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Aug 6, 2017
Thanks everyone for the likes and kind words! For those asking about the crust it was a store bought pizza dough from our local Brookshire's. We've tried making our own and between the so-so results and the fact these pre packaged we've found at the store are pretty darn good and just too easy, we just use them most of the time.

Its just fun to get that little bit of smokey flavor that comes from the pellets. I used to work with a guy who said he made them a lot on his green egg and I'm sure these are along the same concept.

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
  AdBlock Detected

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.