Pellet Flavors - Whats in your bag?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoknastro

Original poster
Feb 10, 2014
NH
I see lots of info on pellet brands, but not too much on what flavor/type pellets are used &  best liked.

I see Hickory - Mesquite - Pecan - Cherry - Oak - Apple - Maple as some common types.

Thought this would be a good thread to state what pellets you keep in your personal stock and which one do you use the most?

I see lots of info on pellet brands, but not too much on what flavor/type pellets are used &  best liked.
I see Hickory - Mesquite - Pecan - Cherry - Oak - Apple - Maple as some common types.

Thought this would be a good thread to state what pellets you keep in your personal stock and which one do you use the most?

Personally hickory, pecan and apple !

I guess I have tried most of them, I like 'em all when used in the proper moderation. BUT I get all silly when I smell pecan smoke! Beautiful color and an excellent taste. Its really the only medium smoke IMHO. Everything else pretty much is heavy smoke or light smoke.

Nope. you just can't go wrong with pecan.

I started with hickory and cookinpellets perfect blend. Like them both.

Just placed an order for mesquite and pecan.  It will take some time before I'll know which one gets used most. I can still count the number of cooks I've had on one hand... 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky