pecan wood

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

vtanker

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 21, 2009
knoxville TN
Pecan!!!

I found the Mother load. Base of tree was 3 1/2 feet in diameter. I got the whole tree for $100.00.

Congrats V..that's great!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Nice score vtanker! I never have had the opportunity to use pecan, though I've been hearing lots of folks like the flavor. Get your wood seasoned-out and get smokin'!!! Don't foget the pics!

Eric

This was one of those to good to be true type things. It was cut a week ago. I figured I can split it and make a little profit. It will go bad before I can use it all.

Great score! Pecan is my all time, over the top favorite wood for smoking! Split that stuff while it's still green... Seasoned pecan is a PITA to split...

Congrats on an excellent score, pecan is one of my top choices.

Way to go Tank! I got ahold of a bit of already seasoned pecan wood last fall and used some of if for my TG turkey smoke. Nothing like pecan on poultry man....

Tom

Congrats on the score, I love to smoke with Pecan, great flavor.

If you were closer I would help ya split it
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky