Pecan kissed venison tenderloins

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kingudaroad

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
central texas
A lot of folks refer to the backstrap as the tenderloin, but I'm talking about the little pieces of heaven found on the inside of the body cavity above the ribs.

I grilled these over an open fire of pecan wood on the firebox of my smoker. They were fantastic!

I marinaded them with red wine, olive oil, fresh garlic and fresh rosemary. Then salt and pepper. The fire was super hot and they cooked to perfection at 3 minutes per side. Served with corn and twice baked potato.

that's the way!~

i've often seen the tenderloins called backstrap, and also seen the true loin the big cut along the backbone) called the backstrap. i finally gave up trying to decide which was the backstrap and just started using "loin" and "tenderloin"

Looks great Keith !!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Thanks for the kind words. Amazing thing is it took 4 deer to get those tenders. Well... 3 1/2 deer. Not sure how I got 7 and not 8.
PDT_Armataz_01_15.gif

Looks fantastic nice job
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Cooked to perfection! I've got a couple of packs of t-loins in the freezer, I may have to break one out and follow your guidance. We had bacon wrapped backstrap this weekend, but some pecan grilled t-loins sounds right appetizing!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky