pecan crusted bottom round

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

miamirick

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 28, 2009
plantation fl
allright i'm gonna try somthing new, this is a 5 #bottom round which i will inject with some pirates gold hot marinade mixed with onion powder

after injection i am mixing some pureed pecans with pepper mixture and a little jalapeno spice

gonna let sit in the fridge for a couple days then saturday we are good to go

need some action since football is over and nothing to do, watch on the weekend, spouse will be bitching all weekend for me to do some yardwork or paint the house or whatever, gotta smoke something and get outside!!!!
e8379bb8_vbattach23324.jpg

840787a4_vbattach23325.jpg

455e1d5a_vbattach23326.jpg

e813965f_vbattach23327.jpg

Hey, I am always looking for something new to smoke, and i think this is it!!!! I have a feeling the pecan crust is going to turn out amazing.

just got home and first i had to check on this, been sitting all night soaking in that hot marinade and absorbing all that crushed pecan, looks great and i cant wait till morning to get it going

ok heres some updated pics
first one is start time not till three this afternoon, had to go to a job this morning big emergency, lady had only eight guys show up at her job on saturday and nothing was getting accomplished cause noone was there, had to go calm her down all morning, some people........

second one is two hours in and i must say this is looking quite tasty

more photos to come
1f32218c_vbattach23336.jpg

df928da0_vbattach23337.jpg

Again I'm with Jim I think it's 140-145 for med rare on the outside and rare on the inside. I do my sirloin tip roast for sandwiches 140.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Miami,
I love pecans! always sneaking an extra handful into whatever the wife is adding them to.
NEVER thought of using them as a rub. I'll bet that is one good hunk 'a meat.
Tracey

ok, it has reached 140 so i will pull it and wrap for at least an hour, guess i'll have to drink another jack while it sits,, not sure if i can wait to long to start slicing though. looks too pretty and smells like heaven,
e5f8714f_vbattach23338.jpg

f0ad3b28_vbattach23339.jpg

It looks so good! I can only imagine how good it must smell and how great it will taste.
Have yourself another drink, stop reading posts on the site because they will only make you more hungry and try to give it at least half an hour rest, I think after half an hour you should be fine to slice in and enjoy. Unless you can wait a full hour but c'mon, look at that thing! A full hour? I couldn't wait that long...

heres a shot of it after i pulled it, wrapped and gonna sit for as long as i can hold out, you'll notice my assistant is full of energy and ready for a slice
643c5a79_vbattach23340.jpg

0136312e_vbattach23341.jpg

a60614d6_vbattach23342.jpg

Mmmmmmmmmmmm.......
I think if I were there I would be pacing around, jumping up at the counter, maybe even humping your leg for a slice of that!
tongue.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky