Peach Dump Cake in the Smoker - Oh Man!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I thought about pickled peaches today as I was placing a grocery order and I think a pickled peach dump cake would be wonderful. They are kinda pricey unless you make your own. It's easy to do with canned peaches. Here's a recipe for anyone inclined to try a dump cake made with them.

Ingredients:
29-ounce can peach halves
½ cup sugar
1/3 cup vinegar - white or ACV
1 cinnamon stick or 1 tsp ground
1 teaspoon ground cloves
¼ teaspoon curry powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon powdered orange peel

Directions:
Drain peaches, reserving syrup.
In a medium pan, bring the reserved syrup sugar, vinegar and remaining ingredients to a boil; let boil for 10 minutes.
Add peaches and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve hot or cold.

• Love
Reactions: TulsaJeff
I thought about pickled peaches today as I was placing a grocery order and I think a pickled peach dump cake would be wonderful. They are kinda pricey unless you make your own. It's easy to do with canned peaches. Here's a recipe for anyone inclined to try a dump cake made with them.

Ingredients:
29-ounce can peach halves
½ cup sugar
1/3 cup vinegar - white or ACV
1 cinnamon stick or 1 tsp ground
1 teaspoon ground cloves
¼ teaspoon curry powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon powdered orange peel

Directions:
Drain peaches, reserving syrup.
In a medium pan, bring the reserved syrup sugar, vinegar and remaining ingredients to a boil; let boil for 10 minutes.
Add peaches and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve hot or cold.

A little concerned about the curry powder but I'm willing to try it anyway😀!

Anything homemade is better than what you can buy in the store.. hands down!

Reactions: HalfSmoked
A little concerned about the curry powder but I'm willing to try it anyway😀!

Anything homemade is better than what you can buy in the store.. hands down!

I was too when I first made it. Now I wouldn't be without it.

You can do a little cayenne or red pepper flakes too.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky