Peace...and Meat...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bauchjw

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Aug 3, 2015
Alexandria, VA
I love my wife, daughter, and soon to be second child more than anything else. However....when asked about what I wanted for Father's Day I could only think of an expensive cut of red meat, cold beer and silence . . . only interrupted by MY music, and tending to the fire/coal. . . Tranquility.

2part cracked pepper to 1part kosher salt for Bone In Ribeye, for my bride smoked chipotle rub on chicken, as requested.

Last edited:
Wow, great cook!!  Steak looks perfect.  haha we had the whole family over so I didn't get peace and quiet... but I lugged the TV outside, watched the US Open and grilled and smoked food all day.  My daughter was so busy with her cousins I don't know if I saw her for more than 5 minutes haha  It was so nice to cook whatever I wanted without worrying about it all getting done at the same time.  Hey, one day a year we get what we want hahaha

WOW Nice! I spent the day in the Car...JJ

Wow, great cook!!  Steak looks perfect.  haha we had the whole family over so I didn't get peace and quiet... but I lugged the TV outside, watched the US Open and grilled and smoked food all day.  My daughter was so busy with her cousins I don't know if I saw her for more than 5 minutes haha  It was so nice to cook whatever I wanted without worrying about it all getting done at the same time.  Hey, one day a year we get what we want hahaha

Thank you Sir! It sounds like you had a great fathers too! I just decided I'd rather listen to Bob Dylan and Led Zeppelin instead of watching the Open, but same results! :yahoo: One day a year!

WOW Nice! I spent the day in the Car...JJ
Thank you Chef! Did they at least leave the windows cracked?:rotflmao: I hope the drive was at least a pleasant one!

Looks like a perfect day to me!

Everything looks delicious!

Al

Thank you Sir!

You guys are killing me with all these perfectly cooked Steaks Points for sure 

Richie

You guys are killing me with all these perfectly cooked Steaks Points for sure 
Richie

Thank you Sir, It was amazing!

Who would want chicken with a hunk of beef like that so close by?:drool
Haha, her and I are so different sometimes that I'm amazed we agreed that hitching up was a good idea! I'll say the steak had no leftovers, but chicken has been great for sandwiches!

I know what you mean about tranquility.

The meat looks great and I note you practiced good food safety and remained hydrated. Well done.

Disco

Sounds like a perfect day. The simple pleasures are the best. Happy belated father's day!
Dylan and Zeppelin. You're showing your age, man..Thumbs Up

Dan

Sounds like a perfect day. The simple pleasures are the best. Happy belated father's day!
Dylan and Zeppelin. You're showing your age, man..Thumbs Up

Dan
Thank you Dan! It's funny, when I was young Zeppelin and Dylan where only what our fathers listened to. Now I don't remember the crap I had on, but Braun-y-aur stomp and Song to Woody give me flashbacks to good times.

Thank you Dan! It's funny, when I was young Zeppelin and Dylan where only what our fathers listened to. Now I don't remember the crap I had on, but Braun-y-aur stomp and Song to Woody give me flashbacks to good times.
WHAT YOUR FATHER LISTENED TOO? You must be a Youngster! I was driving to College when they announced John Bonham had died and Bob Dylan was already famous when I was born in '62...JJ

WHAT YOUR FATHER LISTENED TOO? You must be a Youngster! I was driving to College when they announced John Bonham had died and Bob Dylan was already famous when I was born in '62...JJ

Ha! I guess I am happy to say I am! Born in 74, So.... I have a lot of records and history from decades before me. 80s didn't seem that great even to a kid like me.

Last edited:
I remember wearing pants with a lot of zippers and pockets....and ghost busters.....neutron dance.....Miami Vice.....and Joan Jett.....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky