Pastrami with Qview

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pignit

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
I had just finished up the Sams Roto chickens and was sittin here lookin at the MES all loaded with cranberry/cherry juice and preheated to perfection and decided maybe I wasn't done. I had a corned beef in the fridge so I took it out... rinsed it real gooe and rubbed it down with Yoshidas. Seasoned it with onion powder, garlic powder, CBP, and pickling seasoning. I used applewood in the smoker. At 150 I took it out and laid it in an aluminum pan, sprayed it with cherry juice... covered it with foil and back into the smoker. Set the MES at 200 degrees. I woke up about 3:30 this morning and decided to check it. Sitting on 201. Took it out.... let it cool down a bit and put it in the fridge. After chillin down... sliced her up. My gosh... I love these things. And they are so easy to do. I always rub them down with EVO before I season them but the Yoshidas really works nice to hold everything on and add a zest of flavor.

8133_1170817664389_1046423994_30444049_3335808_n.jpg

8133_1170817704390_1046423994_30444050_1931537_n.jpg

8133_1170817744391_1046423994_30444051_4908578_n.jpg

Thanks for checkin out my Qview.

PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
Great Q-view. I just love Pastrami sandwiches for lunch!! Last time I made Pastrami..I actually looked forward to work so that I could eat one my Reuben sancwiches.

Looks awesome
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
now I'm hungry

Looks great, it got me hungry, now I have to find a midnight snack...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Way to go buddy, another beautiful smoke behind you.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Wow, great looking pastrami my friend. Do you bake rye bread? If you do, any pics will just take me over the edge.

Well it makes a great marinade. It worked great as a binder. I just rubbed down some short beef ribs with it and seasoned with Reds Rub. It works really great all around. Not too salty and has a sweetness to it. I found another flavor in it this week. Spicy. Have'nt tried it yet but will soon.

Lookin really good PnI.......
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

I haven't smoked anything in so long I'm gettin the shakes and goin thru withdrawals.......
PDT_Armataz_01_05.gif

Man that looks awesome there Dave. You are getting really good with that pastrami and now you have the Yoshida's sauce I'm glad I found it too. I used it on that chuckie I did this past weekend. Thats some good stuff.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky