Pastrami with Qview

Discussion in 'Beef' started by pignit, Sep 21, 2009.

1. pignit

pignit Master of the Pit OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

I had just finished up the Sams Roto chickens and was sittin here lookin at the MES all loaded with cranberry/cherry juice and preheated to perfection and decided maybe I wasn't done. I had a corned beef in the fridge so I took it out... rinsed it real gooe and rubbed it down with Yoshidas. Seasoned it with onion powder, garlic powder, CBP, and pickling seasoning. I used applewood in the smoker. At 150 I took it out and laid it in an aluminum pan, sprayed it with cherry juice... covered it with foil and back into the smoker. Set the MES at 200 degrees. I woke up about 3:30 this morning and decided to check it. Sitting on 201. Took it out.... let it cool down a bit and put it in the fridge. After chillin down... sliced her up. My gosh... I love these things. And they are so easy to do. I always rub them down with EVO before I season them but the Yoshidas really works nice to hold everything on and add a zest of flavor.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for checkin out my Qview.

2. old poi dog

old poi dog Master of the Pit OTBS Member

[​IMG]Great Q-view. I just love Pastrami sandwiches for lunch!! Last time I made Pastrami..I actually looked forward to work so that I could eat one my Reuben sancwiches.

3. pineywoods

pineywoods Smoking Guru Staff Member Administrator Group Lead SMF Premier Member

Looks awesome [​IMG] now I'm hungry

4. beer-b-q

beer-b-q Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks great, it got me hungry, now I have to find a midnight snack...[​IMG]

5. ronp

ronp Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Way to go buddy, another beautiful smoke behind you.[​IMG]

6. richoso1

richoso1 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Wow, great looking pastrami my friend. Do you bake rye bread? If you do, any pics will just take me over the edge.

7. the dude abides

the dude abides Master of the Pit OTBS Member

A man after my own stomach. That looks great.

Between you and ronp, sounds like we all better go out and buy some stock in Yoshida's.[​IMG]

8. pignit

Well it makes a great marinade. It worked great as a binder. I just rubbed down some short beef ribs with it and seasoned with Reds Rub. It works really great all around. Not too salty and has a sweetness to it. I found another flavor in it this week. Spicy. Have'nt tried it yet but will soon.

9. oneshot

oneshot Master of the Pit SMF Premier Member

Lookin really good PnI.......[​IMG]

I haven't smoked anything in so long I'm gettin the shakes and goin thru withdrawals.......[​IMG]

10. fire it up

fire it up Smoking Guru OTBS Member

Looks good Dave, glad to see you decided to keep the smoke going and pulled off another beauty.

11. coffee_junkie

coffee_junkie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

WOW! I want to do one of these, they look really easy, could you just do it without any rub?

12. pignit

Sure you can if you want to. I have done them with nothin on them and I've used different seasonings. They are delicious any way you smoke em.

13. mballi3011

mballi3011 Smoking Guru OTBS Member SMF Premier Member

Man that looks awesome there Dave. You are getting really good with that pastrami and now you have the Yoshida's sauce I'm glad I found it too. I used it on that chuckie I did this past weekend. Thats some good stuff.