Pastrami...Shelf life?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pne123

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Jul 3, 2007
I smoked corned beef last weekend and made pastrami. I am thinking since it is brined and smoked it should last in the refridgerator for at least 2weeks. This sound right to you?

i make enuff.........i put some in the fridge......and the vacu seal the rest and put in freezer...............

is the brine a cure?

in 52 years I have never had pastrami-but I would think 2 weeks in fridge is fine and as WD says vac pak and is good for a year or better.

I am taking some to grandma this weekend which will put it at one week old. i do not want to give her food poisoning if it takes her a week to eat it.

I vac pac and freeze anything i am not going to eat on the day of the smoke. Call me crazy but its easy to just drop the bag in some boiling water to thaw. I am sure you will be fine keeping it in the fridge, but I cant speak from experience. You will know if it spoils...the nose knows!!!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky