Pastrami, ABTs, and Sausage....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

ellymae

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Mar 21, 2009
Southeastern PA
Been using my Sundays to cook for the week.
Started with a 4+ pound corned beef point
Montreal Steak seasoning over Royal Oak charcoal and hickory in the Egg.

Topped it with some sweet sausage...

We have more peppers then we know what to do with so - ABTs it is...

Little snack plate for the game...

Pastrami is done - pulled it at about 200. It never ceases to amaze me how much volume loos there are with these.

Too full from the snacks so this will have to wait till tomorrow.....

Thanks for looking...
Also tried my hand at cheese... that will be over on the Cheese board...

Yummy
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

How do you make the corned beef pastrami? Do you buy it that way ready to cook? Sorry for the newbie question.

looks great Ellie.
teeroy, A pastrami is basiclly a smoked corned beef, the seasoning is always different from person to person, but black pepper and corriander is an old standard for starters.

No worries about the questions - that how we all learn.

Pastrami is smoked corned beef.
I get a store bought corned beef - this one is a point. I soak it for a few days changing the water twice each day. If you like things salty you may not need to soak as long.
I dust it with Montreal Steak seasoning right before it hits the smoker and cook it at ~ 230 degrees until internal temp is ~200. Wrap in foil and throw it in a towel lined cooler and let it sit for a few hours - slice and enjoy.
You will find others do it a little differently so keep reading, try it out, and find what works best for you.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky