Party Gator

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

joeg

Original poster
Sep 10, 2009
Anyone have experience with Gator Pits?

http://www.gatorpit.net/backyard_pits/party_gator.htm

I live in AZ but am out in Houston on business and stopped by the Gator Pit shop and I am very close to pulling the trigger and buying the Party Gator. 20X40 chamber made from 1/4 inch metal. This thing is a tank. Couple concerns - The cost, The shipping and the lack of much ability to bring it back if there is any problems.

I just want to do some research before I spend 1500 bucks on a smoker....Please respond with any input. Thanks everyone.

Also this will be the first horizontal smoker I purchase. I have ECB smoker and a bbq dual chamber that I smoke ribs on.

My intentions were to buy the Oklahoma Joe at Academy and have it shipped but stumbled across Gator Pits...obviously two different price point...

Thanks everyone!

Last edited:
Gator pits is often recommended, as is Yoder, Klose, etc. 

The OK is 14g steel, right?

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky