Pam for crispy chicken skin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

steevieg

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 19, 2007
Loganville, GA
Good morning everyone,

My wife wants me to do two beer butt chickens today on my WSM. I have two that are approximately 4 pounds in the brine right now. I've read through as many threads as I can to figure out how to get the skin crispy and I've seen a few references to using Pam on the birds.

My question is when do you put the Pam on? Do you spray it on throughout the smoke as you would sprizting with apple juice? Near the end? I haven't seen this question addressed yet. I plan to do it as close to 300 degrees as I can with the WSM.

Thanks in advance for the help.

With your cooking plans, i'd skip the pam and you'll be fine, should be crispy!
wink.gif

I'm with Bubba on that one, I usually use the lowest rack and smoke at 450 for 1 hr., then drop it to 350. That does give my chicks some crispy skin.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky