Painful

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
you can definitely tell when it runs out lmao, show up and stuff pops out of every where

I realize that a free forum needs to post ads for revenue but the pop up bar on my lower screen each and every time I select a different thread is taking things to the extreme.
Is there a way to minimize the pop ups or must I donate $$$?
This is my observation of what you asked . Yes you will have to look at some adds . Try clearing your browsing history . If the pop up's are things you recently looked at , or things you commonly browse , run an adware program to get rid of what ever is hanging on your machine pointing at these links .
So here's how I looked at it when I paid up . I had been a member for awhile . I looked back and counted up all the things I learned here . Took note of what I was doing now , that I wasn't before I joined . It was alot of stuff . For me it was worth paying up to , yes stop the ads , but more important for me was helping to keep it running .
So you're coming up on 3 years of membership . I hope you have learned something in that time that's worth 15 bucks to try out no ads .

Three years of learning. What meat to choose. What Smoker to buy. What fuel to use and Smoker setup for consistent great results. More Meat Smoking Recipes, Rubs, Sauces and Sides, than Food Network.
You have to figure SMF has saved several Hundred Dollars if not more in Screwed up Inedible Meat Alone! Add knowing Every Posted Technique or Recipe, has been peer reviewed for accuracy and especially SAFETY! You won't make any of your Loved Ones Sick...THAT is Priceless!...JJ

You have to figure SMF has saved several Hundred Dollars if not more in Screwed up Inedible Meat Alone! Add knowing Every Posted Technique or Recipe, has been peer reviewed for accuracy and especially SAFETY! You won't make any of your Loved Ones Sick...THAT is Priceless!...JJ

I'm not typically one to jump on the "me too" bandwagon but I gotta chime in with several other folks but most especially Jimmy. I have my Serve Safe food handlers certification but the education gleaned there is only a small portion of what one needs to know for proper safety precautions. At one point not too long ago I was unknowingly delving into a potentially catastrophic situation. Chef Jimmy immediately chimed in and set the record straight. Then I got more in-depth communication from another member who has spent his life in the meat processing business. Well...they potentially saved my butt, as well as a bunch of my friends. For that I am ever grateful. I'll be getting my Christmas bonus shortly and one thing I'm going to treat myself to is a Lifetime Premier Membership. The ads don't really bother me too much but I feel the need to support the forum....a place that I've gained SO much from over the 10 years I've been lurking then a member.

Well worth it to me,
Robert

Thank You, Robert and You're Welcome...JJ

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky