• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.

PA get together?

bkbuilds

Fire Starter
Joined Mar 15, 2014
Is there any interest in a PA get together?

Depending on the interest level it could be just a small gathering in someone's back yard or maybe a camp ground?

smoking b

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 20, 2012
Perhaps - depends what area of PA it will take place in 

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
^^^^^^^^  yea that.

smoking b

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 20, 2012
Sure doesn't seem to be much interest 
  I just figured I'd say that if this does happen & it's within range I volunteer to make a few kinds of sausages to bring...

smoking b

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 20, 2012
That bumps the total so far to 4 possibly interested parties...

BandCollector

Master of the Pit
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 4, 2009
A PA get together would be great!  Keeping in mind that our state is rather large...Where?

John

shtrdave

Smoking Fanatic
Joined May 11, 2010
The OP doesn't show what part of the state they are from either, I am in the Johnstown area.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
I am in State College.  In the center of Pa.   Sounds like a good meeting place to me.   

Bearcarver

SMF Hall of Fame Pitmaster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
The OP says he's from SouthEast PA.

Bear

smoking b

Smoking Guru
OTBS Member
Joined Sep 20, 2012
I'm willing to travel a ways in any direction once people decide where it will be...

The OP doesn't show what part of the state they are from either, I am in the Johnstown area.
I'd go that far...

I am in State College.  In the center of Pa.   Sounds like a good meeting place to me.   
I'd go there too...

grangerman

Joined Apr 3, 2014
I'm in Fulton County which is in South Central, PA. We're about halfway between Pittsburgh and Philadelphia. I'd be open to maybe hosting depending on time and date. I have a farm with a barn that we could get out of the weather in if it is bad weather. I'm a newbie to the forum so hello to the PA group. One note: We are a alcohol and drug free facility. Sorry bout that.

pc farmer

Epic Pitmaster
Staff member
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Joined Feb 17, 2013
Welcome to the group and forum.

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009
Welcome Grangerman!!

Bear

grangerman

Joined Apr 3, 2014
Hey Bearcarver...did you happen to attend a Fall Folk Festival in McConnellsburg a few years back and do some chain saw carving??? I'm thinking the fellows first name started with a "B" Was just wondering if that was you.

Bearcarver

OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Group Lead
Joined Sep 12, 2009

Hey Bearcarver...did you happen to attend a Fall Folk Festival in McConnellsburg a few years back and do some chain saw carving??? I'm thinking the fellows first name started with a "B" Was just wondering if that was you.
No---Good chance it was a Buddy of mine. His name is Barry Frank. He's one of the best. He's been doing it for about 30 years, and full time for about 10 years.

I only did it for 3 years.

Bear

grangerman

Joined Apr 3, 2014
Maybe was him. The fellow carved me a wooden indian as a thank you for providing him the logs to carve during the event. Have it sitting on the front porch to welcome friends.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying! (But that's how we keep the lights on.)

We noticed that you're using an ad-blocker, which could block some critical website features. For the best possible site experience please take a moment to disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks