PA 2018 Gathering Dates set

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Hmm....7+ hours away....and it's deer season in both NC and NY....but it IS BBQ and new friends.....

I've traveled a lot further for hunting, military vehicle events and shooting matches but it would set a personal record for BBQ events. Hey, Joe!! Are you tracking the 2018 thread? I can probably talk Nancy into going if you and the Missus are going. Or, if the gals aren't going we could run up together from NC.

Maybe make pastrami...or goose stroganoff with homemade pasta....or some of that double smoked ham Alelover made at the NC gathering...and more of that artisan bread....or....

OK, barring something unforeseen, I'm in. Along with Rosie the wonder hound, my then 8 month old red tick coon hound. My wife couldn't handle cold turkey retirement from nursing so she's doing two nights a week of private care on weekends and I'll need to make a convincing case for her to take the weekend off. Now if we mix in a side trip to NY or NJ for her to see some grandkids....

Lance

Great be glad to have you and would be great to meet you. Hoping Joe will return also.

Seems to be the thing with women my retired last June now back to working 3 days a week. maight be just to get away from me. :D

Warren

Great be glad to have you and would be great to meet you. Hoping Joe will return also.

Seems to be the thing with women my retired last June now back to working 3 days a week. maight be just to get away from me. :D

Warren

I think a big part of it is just wanting to feel productive after a lifetime of nursing combined with less of the farm workload and not having any kids or grandkids nearby. The frustrating thing is that we promised each other for years that we wouldn't get tied down to fixed schedule jobs so that we were free to travel. We both work at a large BSA camp nearby and with other youth programs but to a large extent we determine our own work availability there. Imagine my surprise when she sprung the word that she was working two nights every weekend....

As we get closer we can do some more detailed planning.

Hey take a look at C farmers my holiday cook sure glad to see him practicing for the gathering. :)

Warren

I plan to attend lance. I'll know in more detail the closer it gets.... It would good for someone to get good dry/seasoned wood and a smoker lined up for the weekend. I think Smokinpeachy and hardcookin said they had smokers.....

Joe

Last edited:
Hey Joe
Planning on having smokers lined up. Thanks for bringing yours last year this year bring the popup and wife.

Glad to hear its in your plans. :D

Warren

So its getting closer on 4 months away now, Know its early to make definite plans yet but we have the following that are showing sincere plans on coming. Can we add your name to the list??

C farmer - Smokin Peachy - HalfSmoked - Gator240 - Boykojo - Lance - Zerowin

Warren

Hardcookin are you in? All but you from last year have plans of coming back this year and a couple newbies.

Warren

It's a 3 day event come anytime Friday and leave Sunday or spend any amount of time with us that you can. Plenty of room for campers (dry Camping only) or tents. House available for showers (bring your own towels and supplies) and restroom. 5 bedrooms (no furniture in house you have to bring cots or something to sleep on) available on first come first served. Motels close by if that's your choice.

Warren

Hardcookin are you in? All but you from last year have plans of coming back this year and a couple newbies.

Warren
Warren my wife and me are currently dealing with some serious sickness in our family.
Hopefully in a couple months I will have a better grasp of things.
But thank you for thinking of me.

Warren my wife and me are currently dealing with some serious sickness in our family.
Hopefully in a couple months I will have a better grasp of things.
But thank you for thinking of me.

Sorry buddy. Hope things get better for ya.

Reactions: hardcookin
Hardcookin
Thanks for the like but your guys are the ones in need of support right now no need for a like.
Might ask who has the health issues you or wife. Makes no difference we are behind you either way.

Warren

Well in 4 months we will be talking about what a great time we had at the gathering.

Are you coming???

Warren

We had a request about motels last year Chef JJ had booked one about 20 minutes from Adams in State College area.

Nittany Budget Motel Hope this helps,

Warren

Well I kind of been napping I guess because in 3 months we will be talking about what a great time we had and it will be all over till 2019. Still waiting to hear from you are you coming???

Warren

I have a 15 lb brisket to bring anyone else want to chime in with a possible they may bring.
If crabbing gets better might just have some crab soup again. (Joe)
Adam has some hay bales. (not sure how we would fix them)

Warren

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky