Owensboro

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

rvking

Original poster
I am still surprised that i don't see more mention of or representaion from Western Ky. I am in central Ky.{Lexington} We have a very limited bunch of true Q fans around here but out west of here in Owensboro.Paducah area Mutton is king and it really is good. If any of you guys find yourself in Owensboro the tourists will send you to the world famous Moonlight inn but the locals, the real Q heads swear by Old Hickory. They are a 5th generation BBq joint that I must agree is about as good as any where I have ever been. The cookoff this weekend should be really fun but even without it this is a real Q town and if anybody finds themselves in the area please look me up
Have fun everybody.

Cool to hear. I always knew about mutton in Owensboro but never went. I grew up on Que in Paducah (Starnes) and Kevil (Leigh's) and maybe place or two in La Center. (Ballard County is where our relatives are - I grew up about 1 hr north)

Been to both places, both are great.

I have a second home about an hour away and have eaten many times at both.

In the past I have enjoyed the BBQ fest in May, even before I got hooked on this hobby. It was real nice when John Bays owned the Executive Inn.

Every year a friend of mine brings a ham from Ol Hickory to deer camp, its always some good stuff. And don't forget about the Burgoo!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky