overnight packer

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

thesmokist

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Oct 5, 2014
Lafayette IN
tonight I'm doing a 13 lb packer that injected with a beef stock, Worcestershire and beefy onion soup that stuff worked so well with the chuckies that I thought I'd do the brisket with it to and see how it comes out. I rubbed it with SPOG and a lil mesquite rub on top. sorry didn't get picks of the rub process but man this is a big slab of meat!
Im smokin it with the jack Daniels aging barrel chips and a few cherry pellets thrown in. I'll post some more picks when it is done

Reactions: oldschoolbbq
I put the packer on last night @9pm at 230 and hit it with smoke for about for four hours and it's now 9:30am and it looks killer getting a great bark. I only checked it once at about 5 am and it was 154 degrees now it's down to 150 but I noticed its dripping some good juice so I imagine it's in the stall period. I wasn't planning on wrapping it and I didn't separate it so hopefully it pushes through this stall pretty soon. pica to come when it's done

the brisky came out awesome! the injection I used was really good and it came out just right my boys have eaten just about all of it already. I did burnt ends with just commercial bbq sauce with honey and a lil hoisin. I deglazed the drip pan and made a mop sauce for my slices that I will def do again!
thought I would add it cooked about 20 hours and at 190 degrees was just right

Last edited:
That's about the right time for that Hunker
icon14.gif
 And it looks as if you carried it through 'Naked'
points.gif
 . Great Bark
drool.gif

It looks as if the Smoke ring is nice , also
Looks-Great.gif

Have fun and . . .

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky