Our first ever seen, smelled and eaten pulled pork Q view

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

treegje

Master of the Pit
Original poster
Oct 12, 2009
Belgium
Yes you read it right
Meanwhile as you know,pulled pork is not eaten here in belgium
but by the many posts here on the forum,I went for it
This link has helped me a lot
http://smokingmeatforums.com/forums/...ad.php?t=57139

The problem is that I can not compare it with nothing
but it was super

First I ask the butcher for a piece from the shoulder ,but there was no bone in 2,15 kg = 4,75 pound

I rubbed him with my universal rub

in the refrigerator for 14 hours
and 1 AM in the smoker,smoked with hicory

The temp has hung for 2 hours at 68 C = 154 F ,it was best that I already had read that this could happen
at 9 AM 76 C = 169 F wrap in alu foil

back on the smoker until internal temp of 94 C = 201 F
10:30 AM
wrap it in a couple bath towels and put it in a cooler

00:15 PM still 88 C = 190 F

pulled with 2 forks

my burger sandwich with pulled pork

Now I do have one question, it is normal that you have lost so much weight
started with 2,15 kg = 4,75 pound
and ends with 1,32 kg = 2,91 pound that is 38% lighter

My whole family has enjoyed it
it is certainly not the last time, it was very nice
icon_smile.gif

Thank you all
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

Yes it is normal to lose that much weight. Looks like you had great success! Next time you will have to experiement will different finishing sauces to you can try the different styles of pulled pork that are out there. Job well done.

Hi Treegje
Yes the weight loss is normal and it sure looked good - One question I did have is what was the red sauce you put on the sandwich? Hope it was BBQ sauce LOL
Nice job!!

Looks and sounds like a classic pulled pork smoke and sammie. I think you nailed it Geert!!
Great job.

Looks great! if i hadn't eaten a "messy pig" from 4 rivers smokehouse for lunch i'd be thawing some pork for a sammy right now after looking at those pics! nice smoke ring too! try spritzing the meat to get a thicker bark on the meat for next time!

That looks great! Are you sure that's your first one?
biggrin.gif
I'm giving you
points.gif
for a beautiful smoke.

Great looking pulled pork. Make sure you pass it around over there. If there wasn't pulled pork in Belgium the will be once folks start tasting it. its adictive as heck.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
points.gif

to be ready approximately around noon

I spritst every hour with a mixture of 3 to 1 apple juice - whiskey

I will definitely prepare again for friends,you never know if something comes from

I have only used barbecue sauce,Next time I will think
I was too excited

You're a fast learner! That pulled pork looks like what anyone of us here could smoke...well done!!!

OK, I just ate dinner about 4 hours ago and have a smoker fired up...FRIDGE RUN!!!!

Eric

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky