Our 1st Canadian Bacon- mmmm! Q-View 2

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

davy

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 25, 2008
Silverton, OR
Joni and I got some pork tenderloins on a deal. After all the sandwiches and grillin ,we decided to make some of our own canadian bacon, based on the formulas here. We tried to follow Cowgirl's recipe ( I think it was)

Anyway- whomever it was and all, they came out GREAT!!!! We owe a huge debt of gratitude to all whom have posted CB recipes on here,,, this would not have turned out like it did without all of you. We raise our glasses of JB to you!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Basic brine; ( 6 days)
For two tenderloins

2 gal water
2c salt- Morton Tender Quick
1/2 c brown sugar
1 tbsp cayenne
1 tbsp red pepper
1 big yellow onion sliced in big slices
1 green bell pepper chopped in big pieces
8 smashed cloves garlic

brine for six days in fridge, then rinse pan and loins and recover with plain water and soak for 6 - 15 hrs

remove tap dry and roll in spice mix of hot and black pepper, brown sugar and ginger

Then into the smoker;

closer;

Into a 110* smoker for 1 hr, no smoke, then 150* for 2.5 hrs with smoke ( fresh cut green apple), then 230* until the loins are internal 160* (along with some of Davy's spray glaze goin on) About 5- 6 hrs total

Slice and enjoy, make a pizza or fold them up in crunchy lettuce leaves( we did with fresh mozza)!

That looks awesome
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Looks great,

I gotta do one. I need to find the Tender Cure, where did you get yours? I have looked at the grocery stores no luck.

Thanks.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky