OTBS Nomination Thread

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch

Smoking Guru
Original poster
Staff member
Administrator
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
OTBS Admin
Group Lead
Jul 7, 2005
Midvale, UT
Here is where you can make your nominations and seconds. This thread will be a maximum 35 pages and will then be closed and a new thread started. No point in letting it run to 250 pages like the original OTBS thread.

Here is a nomination that I received via PM from TasunkaWitko-
Thanks for the nomination, Ron.

Anyone can nominate a SMF member for the OTBS. Just be sure that your nominee meets the current criteria.

I would like to second Rivet's nomination. I feel he is well deserving. :)

As a Knightess of the OTBS, I would also like to nominate Grothe to be considered for the Squires List.
He has proven his smoking talent many times over. I could not pick one smoke to post so here is a list of his smoking ability.
http://www.smokingmeatforums.com/for...searchid=74687

Grothe has also been a very helpful SMF member and I feel he would be a great addition to the OTBS.

May I get a second please?

Dutch,

I don't know the criteria for OTBS members...if it is number of posts, or time on the forum (I believe that I read 9 months of membership required??). In terms of people that have been really helpful and post some incredible stuff, Rivet is a good nomination.

I also think that PignIt would be an excellent choice. I don't know if they have the required time or not...I know a lot of people had to re-register. I hope I am not speaking out of turn since I too am "common" member.

Just my $.02

Jeanie, Good call on nominating Grothe and I'll gladly second it!

You just beat me to it. I also want to second Grothe. He has been an outstanding help. From finding lost threads to helping new members.

According to PignIt's profile, he's been a member since 2/2009. 2 down 7 more to go.

Edit: Just read PignIt's post and he's been a member since November of 2008. So 4 months down and 5 more to go.
icon_mrgreen.gif

Thanks for the seconds Dutch and Wutang. I feel Gene will be an excellent addition to the OTBS. :)

I agree, Rivet has been an incredible help many times. Beautiful Qviews and just an all around good guy. My nominee would be Rivet.
If I may be so bold I would also like to second Grothe and PignIt, I feel that in my short time here they have exhibited great knowledge and have more than willing to share that knowledge with those of us who are still aiming for that perfect thin blue...

*Well, took me a minute to type this so a few more posts appeared before mine so I can't really second anything. I'll remember PignIt after 7 more months, but Grothe I wish you all the luck and you have my vote.

I believe Pignit joined in the fall but his membership had to be renewed when the forum went down. His posts were lost.
Not sure how you handle this Dutch.
confused.gif

There are probably several others with the same problem.

I really don't know what to say!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_13.gif

Thanks Cowgirl for the nom and Dutch and wutang for seconding it!
I deeply appreciate the votes of confedence!

I'm in such shock that I forgot to congratulate Rivet....sorry!

Congrats Rivet!!!!!

Rivet and Grothe are both well deserving nominations in my opinion. I would like to remind people that anyone can nominate someone for the OTBS however the second must come from a current OTBS member.

I'm just stunned. Just read the post...thank you very much all for the kind words you have to say. I really appreciate them! Wow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky