Orange wood chicken

Discussion in 'Poultry' started by smokeymagoo, Mar 16, 2008.

1. smokeymagoo

smokeymagoo Smoke Blower

Afternoon all, haven’t done a q-view yet but I figured I would tell about my “barnyard buzzard†(chicken) technique. I did two of them yesterday. One for my wife and I and one for the neighbors. Love to share my smoked meat.
    I always start it the day before with a rubdown and an overnight stay in the fridge. At around 3pm yesterday I got the smoke rolling…I love orange wood and since I live in central Florida I have plenty around to get. Smoked them for about 3 hrs at 280 to 300 ….like my skin a little more done. What I love is my water pan….no plan water for me. I use a mixture of apple juice, apple cider vinegar and water.
    Oh yah it was good. Next time I’ll send some pics.

I would Love to hear your way so i can give it a try.

2. kookie

kookie Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Sounds damn good.............I am wait for my folks to come back up north from Florida this spring..........They are bringing me back some orange wood......I have had sausage smoked over orange wood and it was tasty..........So I can't wait to try it on some other things.........

3. bb53chevpro

bb53chevpro Master of the Pit OTBS Member

Orange wood, interesting. I would have never thought about it. But then again, no orange trees around here.
    Andy.