Oops, I accidentally bought a new smoker/grill. CHECK YOUR LOCAL HOME DEPOT!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

worktogthr

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Nov 3, 2013
Massapequa, NY (Long Island)
Well a fried of mine who is equally obsessed with buying grills and smokers texted me last night to say there were some great deals on clearance BBQs at Home Depot.  At my lunch today I checked out the closest one to where I work and came out with this:

Chargriller Akorn ...Originally $329 an marked down to $85!!!  (Fills a gap in my grilling/smoking arsenal.  My wife thinks I'm nuts.)

And then, with the wife's blessing, I got this:

The Rivergrille Cowboy Fire Pit and Grill.  Originally $200, marked down to $50.  My wife kept saying we needed a new fire pit, now I bought one that we can cook on!!!  Downside is that it was clearance and as is, so the rotisserie piece was missing.  Could call the company to replace it and if it is unreasonably priced, I'm sure I can find a cheaper alternative.  I figured at $50 its a sturdy grill and fire pit even without the rotisserie piece.

I was very close to buying the exact Weber Genesis Gasser that I already have merely because it was $125, marked down from $600!!!!  There was another guy looking at it and since I couldn't justify spending a dollar on the exact gas grill that I already have (and very rarely use), I basically talked him into buying it.

I have actually gotten to the point where I can't even count the cookers in my yard.  I need help with this addiction, but I am loving every minute of it.

Public Service Announcement:  CHECK OUT YOUR LOCAL HOME DEPOT!

Just checked our closest HD inventory online...same-o-same-o. Not like I actually am lacking anything for outdoor cookers...

Those prices are definitely hard to walk by and not give a second look. Like you, I have more than enough cookers (although, I can still count mine...LOL!!!)...it would take a rather large gathering to want to fire them all up at one time. I still need to repair the front leg support on my Weber OTG 26...then I'm golden.

Eric

I'm afraid to go to Home Depot now.

I know I'll have to buy something.

I don't have any more space.

I'll probably go anyway.

Thanks for the heads up!

Al

Its funny, I checked a few home depots here on long island and only some of them had deals like this.  I think some of them might have even already had the new line of grills.  The stores without the clearance grills also had patio furniture which in these parts means the summer stock is definitely in!

They had a heavy upright cheap $69.00 to heavy for me to carry up the stairs,so I went to Lowes and got a WSM 18.5 its raining so I will wait till tomorrow to set up.

Richie

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky