One stubborn brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoke freak

StickBurners
Original poster
Jul 14, 2007
Kansas
Picked up a 9# overly trimmed brisket today at Walmart. Started smokin at 4PM. All is going well when it stalled at 150. Right on schedule... For about an hour...Then it cruises right on up to 154 and stalls again. About an hour later it leaps to 157 and stalls again. I know whats goin on and I can wait it out. Been here before...
This is either gonna be the most tender brisket or the toughest. Tomorrow will tell the story...

Its Midnight...Brisket is at 160... Finally... I was plannin on 170... The brisket is hittin the oven (200 degrees) and I am hittin the sack. Ill put it in the cooler in the morn.

I'll be smoking a brisket from walmart later today. I hope that doesn't happen to me.
icon_lol.gif
Good luck, I'll be checking back.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky