One for the Wife: Smoked Cumin Turkey Burgers

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

eaglewing

Master of the Pit
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 4, 2008
St. Louis MO
I've posted the recipe before but I never SMOKED them till tonight... WOW!!!

1 Egg
2 Jalapeno Peppers, Minced
1/4 Cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
1/4 Cup Worchestershire Sauce
2 Teasp. Ground Cumin
1 Teasp. Mustard Powder
1 Teasp. Paprika
1/2 Teasp. Chili Powder
1/4 Teasp. Kosher Salt
1/4 Cup Dry Bread Crumbs
1-1/2 Lbs. Ground Turkey (98% Lean or Better) ***

Mix the egg, Jalapeno peppers and garlic in a large bowl until egg is well mixed. Add soy sauce, Worchestershire sauce, cumin, mustard, paprika, chili powder, salt, bread crumbs and turkey; mix well and form six patties.

Preheat an outdoor grill on medium heat and lightly oil.

Cook burgers until no longer pink in the center, approximately four minutes on each side. Serve on toasted buns.

6 - 4 oz burgers (5 points each for Weight Watchers)

8 - 2 oz burgers (2.5 points each for Weight Watchers)

Now the Qviews:

On the smoker.... on foil first cuz they are really soft to begin with. 300* is the TEMP, and 2 logs of Hickory over charcoal for a real smokey flavor!!

About 30 mins in you can take them off the foil cuz they are firmed up enough...

Cook for a little over an hour till they feel firm enough to eat. I don't think you can OVER cook these they are SO FREAKING MOIST and tender.
Threw on some white Extra Sharp Cheddar and... next stop, My Mouth!!!!

Another night 'coals' pic... I just love looking at the beauty of burning coals...Gawd I miss camping!!!

Great looking burgers, I bet they are awesome. I agree on the fire, I like to open up the UDS and sit by it with a cold one after a good smoke job and enjoy the wafts of good wood smoldering out.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky