omg.....

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smoked

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Dec 14, 2006
Everett Washington
okay, I've been toying with replacing my aging foodsaver for some time....heck she is over 11 years old.....and not doing the best job anymore...........so suddenly today I find a model 2490 with all the canisters etc..... in black/silver for get this...... 90 bucks basically.....WOW.........I shirt myself..........this was cheaper then the cheap model I was considering at wally world (99 bucks)...... so I now have a nice new foodsaver that I imagine will last at least as long as my old one, and even more canisters to boot.......
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Well, I beat you somewhat. My wife dragged me over to the east coast of Florida to stay at one of the local hotels one weekend. They have a nice Farmers market downtown and as we were walking around, she saw a Salvation Army type place, so in we went. Not the top of the line but saw the Foodsaver 550 on a shelf. Nothing extra, just the unit, but at $10.00, I was not going to pass it up. Looked pretty much brand new and as you, my old unit has seen better days.

I told my wife that we need one. She says, "don't you remember me telling you a couple years ago that we should get one?" Now if I could only find one of these good deals...
icon_rolleyes.gif

I got it at a place out here called "stupid prices" pretty much a clearing house place like big lots or whatnot........ it was 93.89 and came with the black/silver v2490 unit that holds the roll in it with the cutter, two full rolls of bag material and 3 canisters...... I looked at wally world today and they had the 2440 unit I think it was, similar but in white and no accesseries for 135 and the even cheaper 550 unit I belive it was for 94.99........ so I know I got a heck of a deal!!!
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
anyone out here and knows where the stupid prices store is in marysville, they had one more unit there as of yesterday......
biggrin.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky