Old smoker new method

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

don napurski

Original poster
May 6, 2007
minnesota
Hi guys, I'm Don, I live in Minnesota. I have been smoking and grilling for 25 years. Started with the Brinkman chepo R2D2 smoker and extra regular grill. They worked real well. I updated to the brinkman pit master, with the fire box on the side. I didnt have much luck with that. After reading about mods and other thing's I now see why. Where would I buy Lump Charcoal? I think I have an idea about the water pan placement near the fire box to use for a baffel. Do I put it on the cooking grate or hang it just under the cooking grate?
Don

Don,

Welcome to SMF
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

You will have much better results in my opinion if you can get it under the grate where it is right in front of the entryway.. where the heat enters the smoke chamber.

Don, glad to have you with us here at SMF.

Enjoy the site!

Don-

Welcome to the site. So much information here it's crazy. I've only smoked a handful of times this spring so far and feel like a champ. My ribs are really coming along and the chicken and roasts are awesome thanks to the help I get here. I may still be a grasshopper, but I'd have failed and/or given up by now if it weren't for the folks on this site.

Mike

welcome don to SMF.. thats where i put mine right at the entrance and it's steamin in no time

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky