Ok, pulled the sausage; qview link

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Looks good what percentage of meats did you end up using? How was the taste anything your gonna do different next time?

Good looking sausage.
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
I especially like that "Joy" bath you gave em. (smile)

Pineywoods, I appreciate your help from the planning to the smoking to the timing and temp.
I ended up using 50/50 and pulling it at 153. I didnt use pork fat though, I used boston butt with the fat in it. It came out still moist and flavored well. I used 2 different seasonings, Leggs and Arts #3 from Targils. I liked the Leggs more myself.

Mighty fine lookin sausage ya got there. Told ya Piney could help you out. I'll trade ya some canadian bacon for some sausage.

looks like you did a great job job on your sausage, i made my second batch a few months ago and i gotta tell ya i'll never pay 2.79 a pound again to have my venison made into sausage from the local butcher when we can do it at home ourselves just as well or even better.

Yeah, Piney, yourself, and others were all helpful in this venture. And I have plenty to trade.
Thanks Eman

That is some fine looking sausage. Your "cool shower" that these recipes calls for, looks just like mine. I've never noticed any difference between showering or just dunking them.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky