Ohio smoker saying hello

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tony111

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 7, 2007
W.C. OHIO
I have been lurking here for several weeks and thought it was time to say hello and thanks for all the knowledge that is shared here. Sorry to say that I have little knowledge to share. I am in west central Ohio and have just purchased a Masterbuilt Electric Smoker.I have done several venison hams and some venison bacon that turned out great. Even my wife liked them ....and that means something at my house!!!!
My wood of choice is is hickory, apple ,and sassafras. that is a old favorite of my great grandfather.
Again hello to everyone and a sincere thank you to all.

Welcome Tony -

We are happy you decided to come in and join us. You'll like it here. Ask lots of questions as the need arises - we'll be here to answer them!

Hey Tony from Northern Nevada; I too am a newbie to the forum, a voyeur for a year or so and now a participant. I am envious, we have relatively no source of fruit wood here for smoking; the sassafras intrigues me. What type of flavor does that impart?

Welcome,

Martin

Welcome aboard, Tony. Nice to have you.

Scroll down and you will find some information on Jeff's 5 day free eCourse. You get one session a day for five days. Some really good information in there.

If at the end of reading that, you still have some specific questions, post them in the appropriate thread. There is a thread for Beef, Pork, Poultry, etc.

Good luck and remember, ask if there is anything we can do to help.

Skip

Welcome to SMF, Tony! This is a GREAT place to learn about smoking. Besides the 5-day course, you can check out the links down the left side of the page. They lead to lots of good, basic info.

As you probably already know, the folks around here are friendly so don't be shy.

We're glad you're here.

Welcome from a Fla Gator. Don't worry, won't rag on those Buckeyes much.
wink.gif
Stay warm and hang out alittle.

Hello Tony and welcome to the SMF. We have some cold months coming up for smoking but I know I am not going to let that stop me up here in Michigan. Good luck with the smoker! You will get plenty of help here

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky