Ohio Beef Ribs with a Texas Twist

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jwg299

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jun 22, 2013
Sylvania, OH
Beautiful! Way nicer than the ones I made Saturday. Can't keep those low temps with the offset.

points.gif
I cooked mine on a Brinkman Trailmaster Limited Edition.It's an offset smoker.

I've made several mods to it so it would cook more evenly and it makes a BIG difference.

I usually get about a 10 degree difference from end to end which is pretty good.

What kind of offset do you have?

Those are Beautiful Beef Ribs, JWG
drool.gif
----
points.gif

They look perfect !!
icon14.gif

My favorite Ribs are Beef, but the only way I can get them with that much meat on them, is to Buy Prime Ribs, and cut the Ribs off personally.

Nice Job!!
icon14.gif

Bear

I've made several mods to it so it would cook more evenly and it makes a BIG difference.
I usually get about a 10 degree difference from end to end which is pretty good.
CharGriller 6125. No mods other than home made baffle & diffuser plates. It ranges around 40 degrees from right to left, but that's not usually a problem. Smack in the middle usually runs about 250 to 270 which works for most things. I can keep it around 230 to 240 on the cool end, but Saturday I was trying Mesquite and I must have got a bad batch. The only way I could keep it burning without too much smoke was to run the intake way open. Hence the heat.
I have made good beef ribs, but not so much this time...
Don't get me wrong, everyone loved them. I just felt I could do better, especially after seeing yours!
Dan

CharGriller 6125. No mods other than home made baffle & diffuser plates. It ranges around 40 degrees from right to left, but that's not usually a problem. Smack in the middle usually runs about 250 to 270 which works for most things. I can keep it around 230 to 240 on the cool end, but Saturday I was trying Mesquite and I must have got a bad batch. The only way I could keep it burning without too much smoke was to run the intake way open. Hence the heat.
I have made good beef ribs, but not so much this time...
Don't get me wrong, everyone loved them. I just felt I could do better, especially after seeing yours!
Dan
I'm sure there is a thread on here for mods for your smoker. doing them makes all the difference in the world.

they do look really great.  I usually put my shorties in a foil pan and add some liquid to make sure they don't dry out- were yours dry at all?
Actually these were whole beef ribs I had cut in half crossways so they would fit on my grill.

They were not dry at all, juicy even. when that fat breaks down around 200 degrees it makes for great juiciness 

Wow!!!! Very Nice! This research and development time is definitely going to take to long. I want to make those asap!

Dale

After 8 hours cooking at 225, no crutching, and resting for 1 hour before slicing, here are pictures of the ribs seasoned, at 4hrs, and 7hrs into the cook, sliced after resting and showing the smoke ring.

#BBQ #ribs #beef

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky