Off and on smoker new to forum

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

smokinnuts

Original poster
Sep 6, 2010
NE Oklahoma
Hi all.  Just dropping a note to say hi and thank you for all the help I have gotten reading SMF.  I had never even looked for smoking info on the web.  I hate to say that the way I found this site is the result of a very painful accident.  While moving my vertical smoker with side fire box out of one of my buildings to pressure wash it, it fell over taking me with, fracturing my wrist and elbow in multiple place as well as tearing tendons from my elbow.  After surgery to repair the damage, I could do little but watch tv and search the internet.  That is when I found this web site and have been hooked on reading about the different ways that each of you smoke meat.  It has been 7 weeks now since my accident and I have thought about posting for a while now, but my typing has been limited to pecking with one finger on my left hand.  Not easy.  I had actually thought of posting a pic of what happens when you are not careful moving your smoker.  I just can't capture the x-ray from the proprietary software from the doc.  BTW, I named my self SmokinNuts because I grow pecans for a living.  It's really tough having all that smoking wood left over from trimming and thinning the orchard.  

God Bless,  MM

It's bad when ya have to break bones to come here. Hope ya heal up fast so ya can share some Q-view with us. and a few pounds of pecans would be nice to.

Welcome Nuts

Sorry to hear about your accident, and welcome to a great place.

Had you found this place two months ago, somebody would have probably given you some tips on safely moving your smoker.

Heal up quick & get smoking,

Bearcarver

Welcome aboard!

Even though many of us here have a few years of smoking under our belts, there are always new methods to try, and new items to smoke. Someone's coming up with some crazy-but-great idea almost every week around here. Well, you probably already know this with the time you've had while healing up.

Anyway, share any ideas you may have with us, and ask any questions you may have, 'cause we take care of family...and we're all family here.

Looking forward to seeing your smoker in action, as well. Heal up and smoke on!

Eric

Welcome to the forum.  Glad to have you aboard.  Too bad it had to happen this way, but you should be healing up right nicely now and getting ready to smoke.
biggrin.gif

Sounds awful painful!  Glad to hear you're on the mend at least.  

Welcome aboard!  As you've found, there's some great information and folks here on SMF.  What I'd give to have a pecan orchard to collect wood from! hehe  Take care and wish you a speedy recovery!

Welcome and sorry about your accident, heal up and give us some qview.
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif
 This place is like a bookstore with new releases every week.

icon_cool.gif

Man it sux the way you found us but I hope you start smoking when you get better and then let us see how much you have learned thou your reading and pecking here.So Welcome MM to SMF. You'll like it here for there are alot of really good folks here that would just love to help you with just about anything to do with smoking. Now there are alot of proven recipes for some amazing things here too. So if you need sign up for the E-Course it's free and it will give you the basics of smoking and some good methods to use also. So the next big thing for you to do is go out and get you something to smoke and if you happen to have any questions just post it here and we will be happy to answer them for you.

Welcome To Your New Addiction    

Thanks everybody for you well wishes.  Since it will be a total of 8-9 months for the soft tissue to heal, I couldn't wait that long to get back to smoking with the old wood burner.  After research on the web, mainly this web site, I bought a 40" MES that is easier for me to use.  I've been smoking meat, fish and cheese since I brought it home.  Broken bones and torn tendons can't keep a smoker down.

MM

Last edited:
Thanks everybody for you well wishes.  Since it will be a total of 8-9 months for the soft tissue to heal, I couldn't wait that long to get back to smoking with the old wood burner.  After research on the web, mainly this web site, I bought a 40" MES that is easier for me to use.  I've been smoking meat, fish and cheese since I brought it home.  Broken bones and torn tendons can't keep a smoker down.

MM
LOL---You blew right by me---I keep watering my MES 30, but it hasn't grown a bit!

Smoker is ok. Only bent the latch a little.  When I can use both hands, I can fix it in just a few minutes.  Wish I could say the same for me.

MM

Hi and welcome. Glad to see that a little accident doesn't get you down. Tore my arm and wrist up real bad in a motorcycle wreck and built my daughter a doll house out of boredom. Doctor was amazed at my strength. Did not need any therapy. So keep the meat smoking, could be your therapy for fast recovery.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky