October 11th MSG get together

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Storm KO'd the power at the Way Out Here Ranch about 9pm. I'm sitting in the barn with the wonder dog and drinking PBRs! Just put a new exhaust on the Harley! Hell with the storm! Power went out and I kept wrenchin! Finished in the dark before I even bothered hooking up the generator!

Ok thread went dead again...

October 18th is the date for the MSG gathering at my place. And yes some people may be from ohio or other states as well.

Since were about a month about it's probably time to start getting a head count, and a official menu together.

My wife and I will be attending. Possibly some friends as well. I'll be smoking a pork shoulder or two starting the night before on my mes. I also have a chargriller SFB smoker, a weber charcoal grill, and a few gas grills if we need them.

So please let us know if your coming and what you plan to bring (food, smoker, etc.).

Thanks.

Stan is also gonna be smoking some cheese so I know we will be doing that. If you've never smoked cheese bring a few 8oz blocks and try it out. It's awesome!

This has been the worst year of salmon fishing in 20 years. The weather has kept the warm water close to shore, so the salmon are keeping themselves WWWAAAAYYYYY out deep and in Wis. Oh well....

I am still leaning on a cheese smoke, being that I am down to my last slice from the winter smaoke at Stan's place. Unfortunatly, the cheese tasting will not occur until 30 days after, just in time for deer opener. :)

So basically, I am bringing a cooler and a fork. Will let you guys feed me for the day.

I will be bringing cheese and nuts to cold smoke and a pot of beans to hot smoke for sure.

Sorry to here about the bad fishing Cam.  I hope the hunting this year is better and you fill the freezer.

I am bringing two bags of frozen salmon Cam gave me and if Scott wants I can thaw and brine one for smoking at the gathering. 

Stan

Might need another smoker humdinger.depends on who's smoking what. Stan has his dedicated to cheese, and I'm doing pork shoulder on my mes. I have a chargriller SFB we can use as well. Haven't heard from anyone else who's planning on smoking any meat yet.

We will need a smoker for the salmon 2 or 3 racks.  My MES will be just cold pecan smoke for cheese and nuts and I will only use two of the racks so plenty of room for more cheese.  I am planing on smoking the beans the day before and bringing them in a crock pot.  Beans seem to me to be better the next day.  I can bring my electric MF for the salmon if its needed.  I will also bring some smoked cheese and crackers to snack on.

Sounds like we will need your smoker humdinger.

Stan depending on how many people we get I'll also need to borrow some tables and chairs if that's cool.

Fpmich, RobbQ, y'all still in?
How about the new people? Y'all still coming out?

Hey guy's

I'm sorry, I haven't been on this site for a bit. These last few months have been bad ones. I have had an ailing father in and out of hospital care and nursing home.

He passed away on the 8th. The mood hasn't been very happy.

However I caught up on the thread. I will probably be a last minute decision guy. And hauling a smoker may be 50/50 thing. The food sounds fantastic. I hope all is well with all of you.

Take care

RobbQ

Sorry to hear that rob. I hope everything gets better for you and your family. Hopefully you decide to come out for the gathering. Drink a few of those blues away.

Reactions: robbq
Sorry about your dad Robb. Hope you and your family are doing better.

I can bring something to smoke. What are we lacking? Pork? Chicken? Beef? Let me know and I'll start putting some ideas together.

As of right now I'm planning on doing a pork shoulder or two and I think I might do a turkey breast as well. Stan is doing some salmon and I think that's all we've got to this point.

I believe some one else said they were planning on smoking pork or something but that was way back in the thread and they haven't been around here in a while so I'm not even sure they are coming anymore. If I wasn't so lazy I'd go back and look.

Haven't heard from a lot of the early folks in a while.

Hey everyone...haven't been here in a while and a quick pm from hillbilly reminded me...lol...
Works been insane and I started a basement remodel for my lawyer so between climbing towers and the basement I'm doing 70+ hours a week and I'm finally taking this weekend off after 5 weeks...

Sounds good Rockstar. I think I'll try something with beef...maybe chuck roast burnt ends. I'll let you know for sure in the next week or so.

Thanks all for the support.. I much appreciate it.

Still no firm answer on attending. I do hope things work out. Food sounds awesome! Some smoked pumpkin Porter would be a great beer to sip by a fire with great food.

RobbQ

Wow RobbQ sorry to hear about your loss.   I hope you can make it.

@towerclimber we need to cut that apple tree soon.  The lady is complaining. LOL

We are getting closer to the 18th I need to buy cheese soon. 

Stan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky