oak, tri tip.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

efrain

Fire Starter
Original poster
May 23, 2008
orange county,ca
I bought some oak wood planks for a stair project i have going on and wanted to know if the wood is safe to smoke grill over.it is uncured and i am going to have some left over, wanted to use it for some tri tips.thanks.

It is my understading that you do not want to use any wood that is not cured. Because it will leave your food with a bad taste.. Am sure there will be some more helping hand come in and can go more in depth..

I will prolly get barked at for this, but, I see no reason you couldn't use the leftover wood for smoking as long as it is unfinished oak planks.

Only thing I would say to be careful about is flare-ups since board lumber is typically dryer than wood you have cured yourself.

If you happen to have any, add some cherry or apple to the oak for your smoke...
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

L8r,
Eric

If the wood has NOT been treated, that means it was not kiln dries and there's no chemicals in iot; but ask the people you got it from if they are SURE it is not cured!!!!!
icon_redface.gif

Just my two cents worth.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky